The student data system is arguably a College’s most important and crucial system - the words of the Skills Funding Agency (SFA) in a recent publication on regulatory compliance for FE colleges.
The SFA financial assurances guide advises further education colleges on preparing for financial assurance accountability reviews and audits.
This paragraph stood out for me:
"The student data system is arguably a College’s most important and crucial system and thus every college needs to ensure this system operates effectively and efficiently, generates accurate and reliable data and is also subject to regular independent third party review."
In a world of big data colleges learner data is one of its most valuable assets and should be treated as such.
The guide goes on to cover the basic requirements for management of learner data.
“ The college:
- must supply information on each individual learner in accordance with the data collections framework
- needs to be aware of the quality and reliability of its MIS and ILR data
- needs to be able to return timely and accurate data
- must be able to provide information that demonstrates its ability to meet the needs of learners
“ The Chief Executive of Skills Funding needs to be assured that the data supplied by the College is:
- in line with agreed audit arrangements
- in adherence with the Data Protection Act
- supports payments received from the Skills Funding Agency on profile
- enables monetary and data reconciliation to take place
- supports the contract management and allocation process ”
Did you know? Workpepper ensures that all your data is backed up and managed in an ISO27001 data center; providing you with secure access to records in compliance with data protection standards. Find out more >
Read the full guide; SFA Financial Assurance: Accountability Reviews for FE Colleges >